6 PAX + 1 FNG posted for a clear and moonlit workout on this last day of daylight savings time. We’re looking forward to brighter workouts in the near future!
Warm-a-rama: Arm circles, Huggy Bears, Abe Vigoda, Smurf Jacks, Hillbillies, Monkey Humpers, Plank Jacks, Peter Parkers
Part of the mission of F3 is to invigorate male community leadership. In order to better lead we must first lead ourselves, which includes fighting three different tendencies, characterized by a 3-headed dragon. So, these dragons were introduced throughout the workout…
- Moseyed to the long building were we commenced with Ascending Testicles (Derkins at 15 and 45 degrees and then full BTTW) followed by a Dirty Hookup (plank facing wall: 1. R hand on wall, 2. L hand on wall, 3. R hand to ground, 4. L hand to ground). We then settled into a comfortable People’s Chair to hear about our first dragon…
The Dragon of Doubt tells lies & half truths; it has us believing we are trapped in our situations and defeated; ultimately it has us second-guessing God’s goodness. We fight this dragon with Truth.
- Moseyed to the football field and learned about the second dragon…
The Dragon of Apathy lulls us to sleep. “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” We fight this dragon with intentionality; go on offensive.
- So, we shook off any sleepiness with a rousing round of Red Barchetta (ran to specified yard line, did exercise, ran back to start point and planked for Six: 100 yard/100 SSH; 75 yard/75 Mountain Climber; 50 yard/50 LBC; 25 yard/25 Merkin; 10 yard/10 Burpee). We completed this event with an extra credit challenge of doing a Staggered Merkin Crawl from the 10-yard line back to start.
- Moseyed to a pavilion for a modified Morning Call (all but 1 PAX in Dip position; 1 PAX called out 5 Pull-ups; PAX did a Dip for each Pull-up; stayed in Dip until all called 5 Pull-ups)
- Moseyed to the baseball field and learned about the last dragon…
The Dragon of Lust gives us false promises of fulfillment from our selfish desire for sex, power, fame, or fortune. We fight this dragon with sacrificial love.
- Round of Global Warming with Dealer’s Choice thrown in (Al Gore position while shuffle in circle; call out exercise – T pushups, Bobby Hurley, Log rolls, and maybe some other exercises I can’t remember…)
- We completed our Thang with Plank Hurdles across the baseball field back to the shovel flag: 2 groups of 3-4 PAX; 1st sprint 10 yard/plank, 2nd sprint/hurdle 20 yard/plank, etc. Last in line alternated groups to keep the progress fairly even.
All arrived safely back at the shovel flag without tripping over planked PAX and falling on their face.
With this being YHC’s first Q at the Bee Hive which is 15 minutes longer than the Trojan, not quite enough material was planned so we had some extra time for Mary…
Mary: Starfish Crunch, LBCs, James Bonds, Shoulder Taps, Best Stretch Ever, and some other exercises I also forgot.
COT: Flame will Q next week’s Veteran’s Day workout, Opportunity to serve on 13-Nov moving boxes for Operation Christmas Child, plans will be made for F3 to serve 2 meals between Thanksgiving and Christmas at the Allentown Rescue Mission.
And last, but certainly not least, we welcomed our FNG, brought by Neon, into F3 and gave him the moniker, Elsa. He now joins the elite company of some of our other gender-confused but proud PAX.